It is a given fact that essential oils can be beneficial in more ways than one. Aside from their distinct scent, they can also deliver a number of therapeutic benefits, which will depend on the specific type of oil that will be used. In most homes, they are used in aromatherapy diffusers. In the rest of this post, however, we will provide you with insights on unique ways you can use these oils.
- Apply it in a Furnace Filter: A furnace can be useful during the cold season, making it effective in adding warmth in the house. If you add essential oils in the filter, you can smell it around the house. Once hot air is blown, the scent of the oil will also be diffused. Take note, however, that it will last only for a couple of days, so add more drops once it begins to weaken.
- Freshen up the Fridge: In many instances, you will be annoyed with the foul smell in the fridge. With this, essential oils can also offer the perfect solution. You can mix water, grapefruit, lime, and lemon oils. You can use this as a spray solution or damp a tissue and use it to wipe the interior of the fridge. This is going to provide it with a fresher scent.
- Use as an All-Purpose Cleaner: Many people might think that essential oils are only beneficial because of their refreshing scent and for aromatherapy. However, they can also be used for cleaning different parts of the house, such as the countertop. A mixture of tea tree and lemon essential oils, for instance, will make a great choice for a cleaner and disinfectant.
- Wash Fruits and Vegetables: Essential oils can prove to be excellent as well in rinsing fruits and vegetables, as well as in keeping them fresh for a long time. In a bowl, add filtered water. Have the fruits submerged and add about two drops of oil. Mix the water, leaves it for about two minutes, and rinse.
- Restore the Shine of your Sink: If your sink is looking old and dirty, you can also use essential oils to make it look shiny. One thing that you can do is mix bergamot and lemon oil with vinegar and baking soda. This will provide you with a natural scrub that can effectively remove dirt on the sink. The good thing is that it does not contain any toxic chemicals, making it a safe alternative to many cleaners.
Essential oils are used not only in diffusers but also through the ways mentioned above! This will provide you with more opportunities to take advantage of the many benefits that they can deliver.